Where is Crete
Crete is the largest island in Greece and the second largest in the eastern Mediterranean Sea (after Cyprus). It is located in the southern part of the Aegean Sea separating the Aegean from the Libyan Sea.
- Gramvousa (Kissamos, Chania) the pirate island opposite the Balo lagoon.
- Elafonisi (Chania), which commemorates a shipwreck and an Ottoman massacre.
- Chrysi island (Ierapetra, Lasithi), which hosts the largest natural Lebanon cedar forest in Europe.
- Paximadia island (Agia Galini, Rethymno) where the god Apollo and the goddess Artemis were born.
- The Venetian fort and leper colony at Spinalonga opposite the beach and shallow waters of Elounda (Ag. Nikolaos, Lasithi).
- Dionysades islands which are in an environmentally protected region together the Palm Beach Forest of Vai in the municipality of Sitia, Lasithi.